Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Drum roll please....

So here it is...our basement. Far from finished, yes! But we are still very excited about it.
We tried to combine our tastes and go with a "vintage" sports theme. We both LOVE IT!

These are pictures of the view from the family room area...where the picture is being taken is where the pool table will go... (someday).


This is not our couch, we are actually conveniently storing it for friend while I save up for my down sectional (hopefully).

This is coming down the stairs. I am not a huge picture frame person through out the house but I LOVE them all grouped together like this!

Love: the Board and Batten, espresso stained bamboo floors, soft "cushy" carpet, and the vintage sports and movie reels.
HATE: the work that is still left to do in the touch-ups!
WANT LIST: still working on finding the perfect sectional that is curl up comfy but still fits a lot of people, still looking for a large TV stand, and some great end tables (you would think I have an "in" on this right?). We are still working out some details on some built-ins and will someday have the time and energy to decorate the cutest bedroom down there!
All on the "SOMEDAY" list. I am sure you all have one as well!

So that is it! Of course there is the bathroom (see previous post) and a storage room and a bedroom that someday you will get to see. So much more to do, but yet we are so happy with where it is right now and are so ready for a break :).

2 comments:

  1. I love your decorating style!! All of your furniture pieces look great too! Question for you about your chalkboard pieces on the wall. I assume they aren't real chalboards, but that you painted something. Do you mind sharing what you painted? I bought some chalkboard spray paint, but I'm not sure what kind of surface could be painted and then framed? I thought about trying canvas?? Or I bought a picture frame, could I spray the glass?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda,
    Thank you!
    They are real chalk boards! I used canvas from JoAnne's and then used chalk board paint. I am not sure how the glass would work out...I have seen a lot of chalkboards but I dont know that any of them were glass.
    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete